Metalworking Specialist - Machinist - Technical Support of Metal Working Applications
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
Metalworking Specialist - Industrial and Manufacturing Sector
Our client is adding multiple Metalworking professionals to their team due to their phenomenal growth.
Manufacturing is one of the bright and growing spots in our economy. Our client is a top distributor providing thousands of MRO components into US industry. One of their specialties is industrial metalworking, where they provide everything needed to keep large machining facilities humming safely, effectively and efficiently.
Here is what makes our client different:
- They invested during the recession so now they are growing (instead of playing “catch up” like their competitors)
- During the recession they did not lay anyone off and, in fact, during one quarter had a net gain of 14 people
- Additionally, they bought several small competitors which enabled them to expand their SKUs to over 500,000 (and please note again, because this is so rare – they did not lay anyone off -- including people in the companies they purchased)
- They bring value-add benefits to their industrial clients:
- Tool room management
- Inventory control
- Just-in-time delivery on 98% of their components
- Technical support
- Customized billing
- …and the list goes on
- And the evidence is in as illustrated by the fact that their sales were up over 15% just last quarter
If you want to make this story yours, have a passion for metalworking, and have adequate customer service skills, then this may be the opportunity for you.
What you will do
You will be the metalworking technical expert supporting the local sales force and their customers / prospects.
Both internal and external customers will look to you for consultative, value-add, technical input and creative, innovative ideas that enhance "speed and feed," increase cost-effectiveness, and generally improve the overall customer process in regard to their metalworking activities.
Valuable Experiences Necessary for Consideration:
- 2+ years hands-on machining applications experience, or demonstrated proficiency
- Interest and desire to be the consultative technical expert supporting client machining operations
- Knowledge and ability to bring cost-savings ideas and productivity improvements to client metalworking operations
- Additional Experience Desired (but not required):
- Experience with distributor or MW tooling manufacturer
- Well-rounded proficiency across broad range of MW applications (CNC, milling, abrasives, turning)
In addition to the solid base pay, there is good bonus potential, 401K with 50% match up to 6% of salary, tuition reimbursement, medical/dental/vision, etc.
Our client's mission is to be the best industrial distributor in the business. They are an extremely ethical company and aim to "do right" by all customers and employees, which is why the employees with the company have such a long tenure.
If you would like success in this role to be your story, confidentially contact Mike.Ososki@HireToWin.com or call Mike at 678-377-9944 x21.