Formulation Chemist into Sales - Use your talents to help others and solve problems
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
If you are a Formulation Chemist and would like to use your creative talents to help others, this opportunity may be just for you.
What is it? A career in technical sales
No, we are NOT looking for a fast talking smoozer. A true sales professional is someone who identifies a customer need and provides a solution.
Characteristics of a true salesperson:
1. Smart - can think through issues
2. Questions - can ask good questions of the client in order to uncover needs, issues and problems
3. Creative - able to develop unique solutions to solve those problems and identify opportunities
4. Team - understands that no one person can do it all alone
If this describes you, read on:
Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer. Their business has grown 40% in the last 2 years. HOW?
1. Their approach to the market place is methodical.
2. They pay attention to the details
3. They collaborate, i.e. use the full force of their team to discuss and develop the best solutions (chemistries) for their clients
What our client does:
This particular division provides specialty raw materials to the paint, coatings and plastics industry.
Because of their growth, they are adding a sales professional in Cincinnati to specifically call on paint and coatings manufacturers in OH, KY, IN and MI. Some current clients include Clariant, Akzo Nobel and Sherwin Williams, to name just a few.
What you will do:
You will call on formulation chemists and Research and Development professionals in your client and prospect accounts to help them develop new paint and coatings formulations.
You will help them:
- Solve application issues
- Go after new markets
- Tackle new business opportunites
Help a client develop a coating (using your raw materials) for high altitude performance aircraft. Issue - need a UV resistant coating.
Work with a client on developing a coating that will withstand temperatures approaching 800 F.
If you would like to learn more, send your resume in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Skip at 678-377-9944, x25.