Bold Creative Foodservice Sales Guru Needed to Create a Winning Plan
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
Our client wants a creative Foodservice Sales Guru who is ready to take their team (and their career) to the next level.
If this could be you, read on:
The B2B segment of our client's business is the FASTEST GROWING division within the company!! (Double digit growth for 9 consecutive years, including the recession.)
AND the person in this role was just promoted!!
The background and story: What our client needs / What's in it for you!
Are you a marketer who can create the WOW factor?
• How about creativity?
• Have you had experience with consumer packaged goods, foodservice (food, equipment, etc.), cleaning chemicals or healthcare products?
• Are you able to listen to the field, understand what they need and facilitate development of the product offerings for them?
• Do you want to work for a progressive major multinational company whose track record of success is outstanding?
• Do you want to work for a company where performers are handsomely rewarded?
If so, then read on.......
Here is the scenario:
• Our client manufactures a variety of consumer packaged goods (food items, disinfectants and cleaning products, to name a few)
• They have both a retail division and a commercial (B2B) products division. This role is with the commercial products division.
• The customers include healthcare facilities, restaurants, hotels/motels, cleaning companies, schools, universities, office buildings, etc.
• Our client, for the most part, goes to market through foodservice brokers and distributors as well as jan/san distributors but they have a sales force that manages the broker / distributor network
• Our client is continuing to develop new products and offerings for the marketplace
So YOU, as a Marketing Professional, will:
• Communicate with the sales force, the brokers and distributors and end users to determine what is needed in the marketplace to bring value
• Work cross functionally within the company (research and development, manufacturing, retail marketing, logistics, etc.) to develop the right container size, packaging, labeling, training materials, literature, etc. for bringing the products to market
• You get the chance to put your strategic thinking to work. Where can you go in 1, 3 and 5 years in terms of driving business?
• You will help develop trade promotion plans and ensure that trade funds are used effectively for the right promotions
• As you listen to the field and communicate cross functionally within the company, you will develop the stories, the angles, the competitive sub sets that will enable you to develop the communications, the training, the strategies, the pricing and the tactical plans to develop new customers and business
If this sounds like fun, then what do you need to have to be successful?
• First, you must be someone who can make things happen and make them happen on your own, i.e. you can get things done
• Secondly, you must have a desire to serve. Your mission is to bring value to all of your "customers" within the value chain - the company's sales force, the brokers and distributors and the end users
• Additionally, you must be able to work well on cross-functional teams, communicate, facilitate and negotiate
Our client is looking for some very specific criteria:
• You must have some sort of marketing experience for a consumer packaged goods company, a cleaning chemicals manufacturer, a food or food equipment manufacturer or a manufacturer of healthcare products (equipment, pharmaceuticals, consumables, etc.)
• Have a 4 year degree (MBA preferred)
• Marketing communication experience
• Ideally, some field sales management experience
• Demonstrated experience with strategic planning
Thus, if you are both a strategic and tactical marketer with the skill sets listed above, market yourself to us for consideration. Send your resume and collateral materials to:
Or call Philip at 678-377-9944, x22
EXAMPLE: One of the recent programs that was developed by the person in this role - the OFFICE WELLNESS program. Rather than focusing on product, the focus is on "programs." For example, people spend more time at the office than just about anywhere else. Because of that, more people pick up bacteria and viruses (germs) at the office than anywhere else. The garbage cans where someone threw away the tissues where they blew their nose. The sinks, the bathrooms.....AND....the phones, keyboards, etc. Did you know that your computer keyboard and your mouse have more disease carrying germs on them than the toilet seat?
In January, February and March millions of dollars of lost productivity occurs when people are out sick. Health costs go up because people are using the health insurance.
So why not have an OFFICE WELLNESS program where the brokers / distributors are calling on large office buildings. You can sell the value of OFFICE WELLNESS. This would include disinfectant sprays, disinfectant wipes, toilet bowl cleaners, hand sanitizers, etc. You can bundle the products into a package that makes sense.
As the Marketer you will analyze the marketplace potential, work with R&D to ensure development of any offerings, work with manufacturing to ensure it can be made, work with other segments of marketing to create literature, sales brochures, training, etc.
You will launch the program and track its success. You will be the "owner" of the program from concept to completion.
Concepts like these were the things that enabled the person in this role to get promoted.....AND YOU CAN TOO !!!!!
• BS Degree (MBA preferred)
• Currently employed in a marketing role in consumer packaged goods, food or foodservice, healthcare products, jan/san cleaning chemicals