Software Sales Executive - MES Software (Manufacturing Execution Systems) - Aerospace and Defense - Los Angeles, CA
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
One of the fastest growing companies leading the 4th Industrial Revolution! MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) Software for discrete manufacturing and CNC machining.
- Experienced in software sales (ERP, MES, PLM, TDM, CAQ, CAD, CAM, etc.) into Aerospace and Defense manufacturing? Then this may be for you.
- $180k+ on target earnings year 1; $200k+ year 2 and beyond.
- MES software - $7.63B market in 2015. Projected to reach $18.22B by 2022. Annualized growth rate of 13.6%.
- Only 5% of the 8 million CNC machine tools in the U.S. digitally connected, your opportunity is just beginning.
- AND with the significant increase in defense spending coming, your customer/prospect base will grow significantly.
Our Client – Your Future Team:
- Growth is enabling them to add 3 Sales Executives to their U.S. team
- Northeast – for aerospace and defense (underway)
- Detroit – automotive (filled)
- Southern California - discrete general manufacturing and aerospace and defense (underway)
- Total headcount - 200 (120 in Germany, 20 in the U.S., 20 in the UK and elsewhere globally, 40 in India)
- Notable accounts include:
- Pratt and Whitney
- Lockheed Martin
- GKN Aerospace
- and their suppliers.
- Software installed on 60,000 machines over 600+ manufacturing sites at 150+ different customers.
- A recent study of 9,000 professionals by Glassdoor reveals the 3-top reasons people are making career changes: (1) challenge and/or advancement, (2) cultural fit, and (3) the opportunity to increase their earnings. Our client offers all 3.
- Challenge – CEOs are driven by the two primary objectives - reducing costs and improving efficiencies. Your software does both.
- Culture – CARE (Continuous improvement, Accountability, Respect, Empowerment)
- Income – strong base salary with a lucrative incentive program
What you will do:
- Bringing your expertise in selling enterprise level software, proven knowledge of Aerospace and Defense manufacturing, and ability to quantify ROI, you’ll call “from the shop floor to the top floor” in aerospace and defense.
- Comprehensive training is provided (2-weeks/month for the first 3-months at the US corporate headquarters.)
- Your MES software analyzes each production machine’s performance. Transforming the data from information to knowledge, you'll help your clients/prospects:
- Increase throughput (example - software reduced the machining of a critical part from 26-hours to 19-hours)
- Improve quality
- Reduce costs
- Effectively coordinate production plant wide.
- Key operational metrics such as overall equipment effectiveness, machine uptime, and capacity utilization allow production managers to quickly view the performance of a particular machine or entire factory, and adjust as needed.
- With leads provided from inside sales and business development (along with leads you develop yourself), you’ll develop the opportunity with a trial of 3-machines (supported by an implementation team). As value is achieved and documented, take the application from the 3-machines (CNC, robotic assembly) to a line of machines, the full plant, multiple sites, and enterprise-wide.
- Customer ROI is generally seen in less than 4-months and as much as 300%.
What’s in it for you?
- Base salary ($105k - $130k dependent upon experience) plus commission. First-year OTE (on target earnings) is $180k. $200k year 2 and beyond.
- Comprehensive and ongoing training
- Opportunity to be on the early and leading edge of IIoT (industrial internet of things)
- If interested in Sales Management: Currently, the US Managing Director is also the Sales Manager. As the team grows, our client would like to promote someone into the North American Sales Manager’s role by the 2019 – 2020 time frame.
- 4-year degree required – disciplines of automation, industrial engineering, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering preferred
- 8+ years B2B software sales into Aerospace / Defense manufacturing. Software packages such as ERP, MES, PLM, TDM, CAQ, CAD, CAM or similar.
- Deep understanding of industrial production processes along with production automation, measurement technology, and/or IT systems for production control.
- Soft-skills to include personal accountability, goal orientation, drive, and desire to be the best in the business
- Experience calling into the “C” suite
To confidentially explore this opportunity send your resume (or call):
Managing Partner, The HTW Group