Chemical Engineer (technical chemical sales into steel and power generation) - Valparaiso, IN
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
Photo is inspection of a 900 psi boiler using demin water
- Want to work for a great manager?
- Want to join a water treatment team that is growing and where you can make a difference?
- And, if interested, can take on a leadership role within a few years?
- Stock price has average 14.77% annual gain for the past 20-years!!
With your chemical engineering knowledge and industrial/manufacturing sales experience, our client will provide you a 6-month training program to expertly teach you how to sell and service boiler water, cooling water, and wastewater treatment chemicals into the steel mills and power generation plants in NW Indiana.
- 60% of the territory is taking care of current accounts
- 40% is new business development opportunities.
- The territory is solid with ample potential.
Your Manager (…and your career opportunity as well):
Your manager has been with the company 12-years. He has a BS in Chemistry from Indiana University. He was a Production Manager in a manufacturing facility when he made the move back to NW Indiana to become an industrial chemical sales representative.
Starting out in this exact same role, he learned the business, developed a solid reputation in the local area, and was promoted to District Sales Manager 3-years ago. Comments from professionals we know who have worked for him include:
- “Not a micromanager and helps draw the best out of you.”
- “An encourager. You always want to do your best for him.”
- "He trains you on the technology and how to be the best."
- 4-year degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 1+ years' experience in some type of industrial/manufacturing technical sale
Income / Benefits
- $95k to $110k starting total target compensation, dependent upon experience
- New business commission
- Medical plan on day 1, vision, dental, life, disability
- Company car also available for personal use
For confidential consideration, send your resume to (and / or call):