Formulation Chemist - PhD R&D - Coatings, Ink, or Process Chemicals background - Richmond, VA
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
For innovative/creative/experiencedPhDself-starting formulation chemists who want to put their personal touch on products used around the world,
- enjoy direct involvement with the customer,
- thrive working in a dynamic fast-paced team environment, and
- don’t need “their hand held”…
…then this may be the career opportunity for you.
Our client, your future team:
Our client, a multi-billion dollar chemical firm, formulates products used in their customer’s finished products. With a commitment to safety, innovation, and taking care of their people, each business unit operates autonomously using a hub/spoke product development approach.
This resulted in 2016 earnings per share being the highest in the company’s history and 2017 is on track to be stronger.
Here’s what your first 3-years might look like (dependent on your experience):
- Year 3 – you are a product development project lead for a major customer.
- Year 2 – you are the project lead for 1 or 2 products for smaller customers and are involved on a project team for a major customer.
- Year 1 – you support 2 to 3 projects by being responsible for a few key elements of those projects. This gives you the opportunity to learn the company’s products, how the hub/spoke product development team works, who the customers are, and become well-grounded so that you can be successful.
Your career path can branch into senior level research or management based upon your performance and interests.
Important - everyone takes part in formulation chemistry, i.e. everyone is “hands-on.” As one person described it, “Our culture is more like a blue-collar culture. We are team focused. “Me-me” people don’t last long here. Everyone takes part, even managers. No one sits at his or her desk all day.”
Could this be for you?
- Do not require sponsorship
- PhDwith industrial chemical formulation experience (not a post-doc) in areas such as:
- Paper additives
- Water treatment
- Process chemicals
- Havedrive, self-starter, team orientation (versus enjoying being left alone to do your own research),
- Can defend well your research and findings
- Base salary, $90k - $105k dependent on experience
- Top company benefits
- 3.5 rating on Glassdoor with 85% CEO approval, 74% would recommend to a friend
For more details on what a career with our client could do for you, contact: