Technical Sales - Chemical - Boilers - Cooling Towers - Queens, NY
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
This is what careers are made of! Ranked a Top 50 Company in America to sell for, our client provides technical solutions for reducing energy and water usage in HVAC-R utility systems.
From the CEO: “The first part of 2017 has been good for us," states the CEO of our $9+ billion client. "While some companies struggle, our chemical programs and engineered solutions for reducing water and energy usage are almost independent of the business cycle and are having a positive impact on climate change."
If you are in technical sales (or believe a technical sales career could be for you), then read on...
- Our client's programs directly impact the environment and reduce climate change. HOW?
- By keeping our most precious resource, water, clean
- And by significantly reducing energy usage
- Are you good with people and looking for a career that combines both your engineering and people skills?
What will you do?
1. Our client provides a full 6-month training program to get you started.
2. Large commercial and institutional facilities have water-based HVAC systems which include boilers, cooling towers, and chillers.
3. Water is cheap and plentiful, but it is a "bad actor."
- Water causes corrosion
- Contains minerals that deposit onto equipment reducing energy efficiency
- A good medium for bacterial growth.
These three issues cause millions of dollars of damage per year as well as excess energy usage that is negatively impacting the environment.
4. This is where you come in. Working with Facility Maintenance Engineers, Operations Managers, and Operators, you will provide engineered solutions for combating these water treatment and energy-wasting issues.
5. Your Career Growth Opportunity
Step 1: Your 6-month training program will teach you how to manage the water and energy treatment programs for the boilers, steam, condensate, chillers, and HVAC.
Step 2: After training, you will be given a base of current accounts to manage which provides a "base commission" of around $10,000 on top of your salary.
Step 3: You will move into a 60/40 account manager / technical sales engineer role. You will take care of current accounts and call on new facilities to help them with their water and energy issues. This is how you accelerate your income to the 6-digit $ figures within 3-4 years.
Our client recognizes that changing careers is a critical decision.
If you want a company where you can:
- Grow your career
- Have fun
- Make money
- And make a contribution to your team, to your family, to the customers your serve, and to the goal of reducing climate change, then this is the culture for you.
Our client provides exceptional:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision - all beginning Day 1
- A pension plan
- Company car - also available for personal use (and with gas at $2.50 per gallon, when you include maintenance, insurance, etc.) this is real money in your pocket.
- Expense account, cell phone, laptop
- Promotional opportunities for proven performers
What you must bring to the table:
- A 4-year technical degree (science or engineering)
- 1-3 years of experience in areas such as
- Power plant
- Water treatment chemical sales
- Navy Nuclear Power School
- Any type of technical sales
- A personality that is competitive, resilient, persistent, extroverted, creative, autonomous (i.e. can work independently), team oriented (you will put the greater good of your client above your own personal interests)
- Authorization to work in the US
If this is the type of career that can get you excited about getting up out of bed every day and going to work, then send your resume to
Key Words: process, project, boilers, chemical, mechanical, refinery, refining, petrochemical, plastics, engineering, environmental, pumps, turbines, HRSG, power generation, coal, fuel, generators, controllers, heat exchangers, distillation, injection molding, chillers, motors, HVAC, nuclear, wastewater, mining, solvent extraction, additives, automotive, adhesives, batch, continuous, six sigma, reboilers, clarifiers, flotation, lean manufacturing, pharmaceutical, engineer, FCC, crude, alkylation, hydrotreater, coker, aromatics, desalting, gasoline blending, vacuum distillation, cracking, sulfur recovery, catalytic reforming, isomerization, water treatment chemicals, wastewater, clarifiers, sludge dewatering, biological treatment, coagulants, flocculants, corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors, dispersants, sales, new business development, engineer, engineering, condensate