Water Treatment - Technical Sales & Service - Plainview, NY
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
If you have ever thought about becoming a highly paid Technical Sales Engineer, now is your opportunity.
From the CEO: “2016 has been a good year for us," states the CEO of our client. "While there may be question marks for some industries, our chemical programs and process technologies are almost independent of the business cycle."
- With the stability of a base salary, company car, and the opportunity to earn additional commission, you run your own territory via a home-based office, team environment, and the flexibility of creating your own schedule.
- Our client provides a full 6-month training program.
Going into 2017, our client is adding to their teams in the following territories:
- Northern New Jersey
- Long Island
- Baltimore to District of Columbia
- San Francisco (East Bay area down to San Jose is primary territory)
What will you do?
- All industrial facilities as well as many commercial and institutional facilities have large HVAC-R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration) systems that are water based (boilers, condensate, cooling towers, chillers)
- Water is cheap and plentiful, but it is a "bad actor," i.e., water causes corrosion, contains minerals that deposit out, and is a good source medium for bacterial growth. These issues cause millions of dollars of damage per year.
- There are ways to combat these issues and this is where you come in. Calling on mechanical and utility engineers, facilities and maintenance managers, and operations personnel within these facilities you present your engineered solutions for solving these problems.
- NOTE: Successful water treatment sales professionals are among the highest paid technical sales engineers. Why? All companies, industries, countries and economies are looking for ways to decrease water and energy consumption, reduce the amount of wastewater that must be treated, and improve air quality. These are the engineered solutions you provide.
- 3/4 of your time is taking care of current customers in the field, 1/4 is calling on new business development opportunities
- Home office based but within a team environment, you create your own schedule.
Our client recognizes that changing careers is a critical decision.
If you want a company where you can:
- Grow your career
- Have fun
- Make money
- And make a contribution to your team, to your family and to the customers your serve...
...then this is the culture for you
Some additional cool benefits:
- Fully paid company car (gas, maintenance, insurance, tolls, etc.) also available for personal use
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Expense account, cell phone, laptop
- Promotional opportunities for proven performers
What you must bring to the table:
- 4-year technical degree (science or engineering)
- 1 - 3 years of experience in areas such as
- Plant process or project engineering
- Power plant (Utilities)
- Coming out of the military (particularly Navy Nuke experience)
- Or, some prior experience in technical sales,
- The desire and drive to be in technical sales
- A personality that is competitive, resilient, persistent, extroverted, creative, autonomous (i.e. can work independently), team oriented (you will put the greater good of your client above your own personal interests)
- Authorization to work in the US
…then this is the company and career you have been looking for.
If this is the type of career that can get you excited about getting up out of bed every day and going to work, then send your resume to:
- Our client was one of the companies named in a recent article by a major financial analyst,"3 Recession-Proof Stocks That Reduce Risks for Customers "
- The stock has averaged a 14.77% annual gain over the last 20-years
- By helping customers reduce water and energy usage, they are helping provide a sustainable environoment for all of us for years to come
The HTW Group is a recruiting firm located in Atlanta, GA. We connect leading industry talent in building automation, critical environment facilities, commercial HVAC-R, water treatment, and specialty chemicals with market leaders.
Key Words: process, project, boilers, chemical, mechanical, refinery, refining, petrochemical, plastics, engineering, environmental, pumps, turbines, HRSG, power generation, coal, fuel, generators, controllers, heat exchangers, distillation, injection molding, chillers, motors, HVAC, nuclear, wastewater, mining, solvent extraction, additives, automotive, adhesives, batch, continuous, six sigma, reboilers, clarifiers, flotation, lean manufacturing, pharmaceutical, engineer, FCC, crude, alkylation, hydrotreater, coker, aromatics, desalting, gasoline blending, vacuum distillation, cracking, sulfur recovery, catalytic reforming, isomerization, navy, nuclear, air conditioning, refrigeration, facilties, utilities