Development Chemist - Primary Metals Cleaning and Corrosion - Philadelphia, PA
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
Development Chemist – Primary Metals Cleaning and Corrosion
Our client has 90 years of experience in steel, with a broad portfolio of products.
Our Client - Your Future Team
Our client's products are industry standards...and for good reason. They are just a part of the advantage they create through a unique blend of application expertise and service.
Main markets served are aluminum, steel, automotive and heavy equipment, bearings, general manufacturing, mining, die casting, and others.
Average tenure of the staff is 10+ years.
What you will have the opportunity to do:
This role will require you to:
- develop and improve chemical products used in various manufacturing and chemical processes, such as steel and metalworking cleaning and aluminum surface passivation
- investigate the applicability of new and replacement raw materials to enhance performance and minimize cost
- determine the perfomance characteristics of competitive products
- visit and provide technical service to customers
- report results in a clear and concise manner
- assist manufacturing to improve the quality and efficiency of the proces
Your opportunity is to work with sales and customers to develop or improve products for their specific applications or use.
What's in it for you?
- No two days are the same. The capability of our client is broad and wide.
- A unique opportunity will be recommendations for expanding both the current product lines but also proactively assessing client needs.
- The current Lab Director plans on retiring in 2- to 3-years. The person in this role will have the opportunity to lead the future team.
What you must bring to the table:
Hard skills / technical ability
BS Chemistry or equivalent science degree, Masters preferred
2+ years’ formulatiing experience in Steel Surface Passivation and. or Anticorrosion Coating formulation - preferred
Must be able to provide formal presentations
Must be authorized to work in the US
Soft skills / team fit
Taking ownership and accepting personal accountability for results and meeting goals
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with sevral projects at the same time while thinking analytically
Self-starter. Ability to take the initiative; not one who needs to be micromanaged; resourceful
Time and priority management coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills
Demonstrated problem solving ability
Continuous learning to stay up to date on financial and compliance regulations
Intentional – driven to accomplish objectives and goals
Highly effective relationship building skills; building rapport with all kinds of people
Collaborative – cooperate and work jointly with others in pursuit of company’s goals and objectives
Receptive – willingness to listen to others and process inputs provided
To confidentially explore this further send your resume in confidence (or call):
Partner and Director, Specialty Chemicals, The HTW Group