Software Sales - MES Software (Manufacturing Execution Systems) - Aerospace - Hartford, CT
Apply for this job Return to Job Listings
Join one of the fastest growing companies leading the 4th Industrial Revolution!
If you have experience with software sales into manufacturing, this may be for you. $150k+ expected earnings year 1.
MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) software, valued as a $7.63B market in 2015, is expected to reach $18.22B by 2022, an annualized growth rate of 13.6%.
With over 8 million CNC machine tools in the United States (and only about 5% digitally connected), your opportunity is just beginning.
Our Client – Your Future Team
With one of the strongest MES software packages in the market, our client is adding 3 Sales Executives to their team: (1) Northeast – for aerospace, (2) Detroit – for automotive, and (3) Chicago, Cincinnati, or Atlanta – general manufacturing.
Our client’s software, as you read this, is optimizing machining operations all across the world in such notable accounts as:
- Pratt and Whitney
- GKN Aerospace
- Borg Warner, and many others.
A recent study of 9,000 professionals by Glassdoor reveals the three top reasons people are making career changes are: challenge and/or advancement, cultural fit, and the opportunity to increase their earnings. Our client offers all three.
- Challenge – CEOs are driven by the two primary objectives of reducing costs and improving efficiencies. The challenge this role provides to you is developing and executing the strategy you develop for penetrating the markets in your area.
- Culture – CARE (Continuous improvement, Accountability, Respect, Empowerment)
- Income – strong base salary with a lucrative incentive program
What you will do:
Bringing your expertise in selling enterprise software systems (or other manufacturing software), proven knowledge of your identified market space, and ability to quantify ROI, you’ll call “from the shop floor to the top floor,” primarily on discrete manufacturing.
Comprehensive training is provided by our client to give you all of the training and development you need to confidently call into your market (2-weeks per month for the first 3-months at the US corporate headquarters.)
Your MES software analyzes each machine’s performance increasing throughput, improving quality, and coordinating production plant wide. Key operational metrics such as overall equipment effectiveness, machine uptime, and capacity utilization allow production managers to quickly view the performance of a particular machine or factory, and adjust as needed.
With leads provided from inside sales and business development (along with leads you develop yourself), you’ll develop the opportunity with a trial of 3 machines (supported by an implementation team). As value is achieved and documented, your mission is to take the application from the 3 machines (CNC, robotic assembly, line of machines to the full site, multiple sites, and ultimately, globally.
Payback is generally achievable in less than 4-months with an ROI often greater than 300%.
What’s in it for you?
- Strong base salary ($85k to $100k, DOE), plus highly incentivized bonus program. Realistic 2nd year income is $150k to $200k.
- Comprehensive and ongoing training enabling you to be the best-of-the-best in the industry.
- Opportunity to be on the early and leading edge of IoT (the internet of things)
- Currently, the US Managing Director is also the Sales Manager. As the team grows, our client would like to promote someone into the North American Sales Manager’s role by the 2019 – 2020 time frame.
- 4-year degree in engineering sciences – examples include automation, manufacturing, systems, industrial
- 10+ years B2B software sales into manufacturing. Software packages such as ERP, MES, PLM, TDM, CAQ.
- Deep understanding of industrial production processes along with production automation, measurement technology, and/or other IT systems for production control.
- Current up-to-date knowledge of your industry segment:
- Northeast (anywhere within 150-miles of Hartford) – for this location, Aerospace
- Upper Midwest (anywhere within 150-mile of Detroit) – Automotive
- Chicago, Cincinnati, or Atlanta – discrete manufacturing, in general
- Soft-skills to include personal accountability, goal orientation, drive, and desire to be the best in the business for yourself, your customers, and our client
- Experience calling into the “C” suite and ability to eloquently speak the language of business with CEOs, COOs, CFOs, as well as the shop floor
To confidentially explore this opportunity in greater depth, send your resume (or call):
Managing Partner, The HTW Group